You’ll have your home professionally photographed. And the camera is a very unforgiving device. Everything that is in the frame will become part of the photo and affect the entire image and the impression it leaves. In order to have a smooth and efficient photo session, please go through the following checklist thoroughly, and contact me or your agent with any questions or concerns at least one day before the photo session is scheduled.
Photos will be taken of all major rooms in the home. This includes living areas, bedrooms, bathrooms, office rooms, workout rooms, entertainment rooms, etc. Unfinished basements, attics, garages, closets and other utility rooms usually will not be photographed, unless specifically requested. Specialty features, both indoor and outdoor, that you would like photographed will be included at your request. Outdoor features such as a pool, hot tub, tennis court or waterfall display will be included in the exterior shoot. Keep these notes in mind as you go through the checklist.
- All lights are working and every bulb in all fixtures are working,”daylight balanced bulbs” are suggested (5500-5200 K) to help avoid a yellow cast in lamps and overhead lighting.
- Vacuum all carpets
- Clean all hard floors
- Dust thoroughly
- Remove magazines, newspapers, letters, paperwork from desks, tables etc.
- Empty all trash, hide unattractive trash cans
- Remove clutter – remote controls, pens, DVDs, cables as far as possible, etc.
- Pick up & stow away all toys
- Clean glass surfaces and windows
- Open & neatly arrange drapes, blinds and shades
- Make sure window blinds are working property
- Turn off all electronics – TVs, computers, etc.
- Clean kitchen appliances, especially if stainless steel
- Clear & stow all dishes, towels, cleaning supplies, soaps, lotions, etc. away
- Remove family photos (hanging on walls may be ok, tabletops no)
- Make beds neatly
- Furniture should be neatly organized – for example, place dining table chairs equidistant from the table, etc.
- Clean bathrooms, hang matching towels, shut toilet lids, stow away shampoo bottles etc.
- Provide fresh floral arrangements, small potted succulents or potted orchards
- Artificial floral arrangements are OK
- Have key/access code for common area/pool ready, if required.
- All lights are working (every bulb is good)
- Cut hedges/bushes, mow lawns, remove weeds, trim edges, rake leaves, especially around walkways
- Keep pets out of view (no need to remove them, I am pet friendly)
- Pool should be clean of dirt and clutter and all lights turned on
- Driveway and walkways should be clean (do NOT hose down!)
- Empty planters or pots should be filled or removed
- Water hose should be rolled up neatly/stowed away
- Grill or BBQ should be cleaned and uncovered
- Close garage and park all vehicles off-site